Meet the Leadership & Management Team
Leadership & Management is fundamental to our success, which comes from the organisation and commitment of the management team. Our philosophy has always been one of open door management, relying on the co-operation and collaboration of our staffing team. The nursery is managed by a committee comprising the Proprietor, 2 Nursery Managers, a Deputy Manager, our Office Manager and 4 parent representatives. In order to provide the best focus for our very busy nursery, each member of the management team takes on key roles as follows:
Lorraine Murphy (Nursery Manager)
Bridget Kyffin-Walton (Managing Director)
Lewis Wood (Nursery Proprietor)
Sukhey Dhariwal-Hodgson (Office Manager)
Our Leadership & Management Approach
Meetings are held monthly to discuss long, medium and short term plans, review actions and objectives from the last meeting and to set targets for the next. Meetings review strategic and tactical issues as well as how well we believe the nursery is performing against expectations.
The framework for each meeting is our operational plan which is structured along the lines of the Ofsted SEF and sets out what have done, what we are doing now, what we are about to do and what are our strengths and weaknesses. We have four parent representatives on the committee who contribute to our management plans by providing an insight into what it is like being a customer of the nursery. This is invaluable feedback which over the years has resulted in many changes and improvements to the way we operate.
In addition to the management committee, there are 6 Room Leaders who meet every 8 weeks with the Nursery Manager and Proprietor to discuss the details of how we implement and monitor the operational plan. Room Leaders are also responsible for encouraging reflective practice and self-improvement for the staff under their charge.
Ultimately, we wish to be a leading exponent of day nursery best practices and to achieve this through consideration of the needs of the child, the family, our staff, the community and the environment.
In order for this vision to be successful we ensure that it is shared with staff, children and parents in a way that allows it to be easily understood and refined through feedback and benchmarking.
The overall idea is that each manager provides a supervisory and advisory role to each room under their care, working closely with each room leader to help them achieve their goals.
- To provide mentoring, advice, guidance to Room Leaders, staff and part time and bank members of the team.
- To provide an initial escalation point for parents, the Room Leader or staff member. Bridget and Lewis will be the ultimate escalation point as appropriate.
- To communicate and monitor the overall nursery aims and objectives.
- To provide advice and guidance on the implementation of the EYFS in accordance with our and government guidelines.
- To provide advice and guidance on always being ready for OFSTED in accordance with the nursery’s specific plan.
- To ensure that playrooms are implementing policies, planning and observations in accordance with nursery objectives.
- To provide advice and guidance on the physical set up of the rooms and shared facilities, including safety, aesthetics, signage, displays, cleanliness and overall decorative maintenance.
- To feed back at management meetings any issues that have come up and to monitor the general morale of the staff.